Wednesday, April 3, 2013

On Fire, Frozen, On Fire

Our soccer game Monday night was cold and windy.  I was hoping it would be cancelled it was so poor of weather.  It wasn't so as soon as I got off work we rushed down to Oklahoma and arrived 2 minutes until game time.

Some of my team didn't show but we had enough to play so we warmed up and got started.  The drills we worked on last week seemed to help a lot and the kids were kicking the ball around the other players, passing, and scoring like they were an age group above what they really are. 

Most of my kids are 7 playing U8 ball so it was good to see them competing so well.  It started to rain at the end of the 3rd quarter and the refs were freezing so they asked if we would call the game.  We were up 7-0 so it was an easy one to call.

Our next game is tomorrow night.

The last few nights I have gotten in some poker.  I was doing good.  I was up the first 2 nights for a couple buy ins.  Last night I started out on fire and was quickly up over 2 buy ins.  I knew it was just a matter of time before the chasers got their way so I decided to quit for the night.  I should have but I didn't.  After  a little break I got back to playing and instantly had 4 horrible suckouts against me. 

I had gotten it all in on the turn twice against a player that was playing 74% of the hands.  I held AA and KK.  The kings gave me a set.  Both times he sucked out a flush on the river holding 36 suited.  Before I knew it I was over 2 buy ins down for the night due to this idiot, moron, rewarded donk. 

At that point I closed out that table and any others he was on and opened new tables.  About 500 hands later I was up close to a buy in again.  Why can't I win against these wreckless idiots that just want to give their money away?  Why do they catch every time they call large bets on a chase?   

This time I did shut down for good.

It's crazy how often my Aces and Kings get cracked, but when I look at my stats for the last month they are by far my biggest winners for starting hole cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment