Monday, September 23, 2013

The Poker Maximus Series Is Over - Time To Settle Back Into The Norm

The Poker Maximus Series is over.  This weekend was crazy with poker.  I played games that I hope I have a chance to take a shot at again sometime when my bankroll gets larger.

We went to the high school football game Friday night.  Our team lost but played well against a team that looked very good out on the field. 

Saturday I got up and started playing NL cash.  I had a pretty good run and felt confident that I would do well in tournaments the rest of the day.  I played a ton of tournaments.  It didn't go to great.  I only made 1 final table in the PL HO where I finished 2nd.  That still left me down for the day.  I got in another tournament and played some HU SNG's while I was playing it.  I got talked into playing at higher stakes than I should have, with a player that I kept beating.  When the dust settled I was up a couple hundred dollars after hours of playing.  I was in 1st in chips on the tournament, with 3 tables left.  I was the table bully, and was doing really well, until I fell asleep.  I finished in 14th place. 

Sunday was Main Event Day with 6 Main Events going on and the 4000.00 guaranteed game.  I might have pushed it too hard on Saturday, because I wasn't wanting to play too bad.  I still played.  I was doing o.k. in the 2.20 and 215.00 games.  I couldn't do anything in the others and busted out when the blinds got high enough I had to push and pray. 

I lost the 215.00 game when I took a chance and raised AK suited from early position.  I got 2 callers as usual for that table.  All low cards and 2 of my suit hit on the flop.  I pushed hoping to get the other 2 players out of the hand.  I got called by big blind who had QQ.  My A K or other suited card did not fall.

In the 2.20 game I got to rolling right after we got into the money.  I doubled up then doubled again right away.  I became 2nd big stack at the table.  Then I ran into the big stack with JJ.  He was directly to my left and would re-raise me every time I raised.  This time I shoved my stack.  He called with K 2.  The rest is history.

I played fairly solid in the Maximus Series and had some semi-deep runs.  I cashed in most of the Maximus tournaments up until the end.  The last 2 days were a little harsh.  Luckily I had bought into most of those games with tickets. 

Now that the series is over and I have taken my shots, I will settle down again for a while.  At least until next week when I leave for Las Vegas. 

It will be back to playing after 8:00 on the few games I can get into.  Back to familiar territory with familiar faces (avatar's), with some extra poker thrown in on the weekends when we aren't doing somehting else.

No comments:

Post a Comment