Friday, October 18, 2013

Finding My Groove


Yesterday I had mentioned that I was registering late for tournaments.  Last night I had a little more time to play and mixed it up.  I late registered for 3 tournaments and started at the beginning on 3 tournaments.  I had about the same results 2 final tables, 2 other cashes, and 2 close but not cashes. 

I won the same tournament that I took 2nd in the night before.  I entered this one as it began both nights.  Looking at my results I realized I am min cashing the games that I late register in.  Although I have had a couple good runs in the nightly guarantees and lost in the final few tables the last 2 nights in at least 1 of the games. 

If the registration period is only an hour I will not late register.  If it is 3 1/2 hours I will.  By that point I am close to min cashing and with some luck can make a deep run. 

With the new tournament structures I have avoided the 5.50 tournaments.  Although a rebuy event like the one above is essentially a 6.20 buy in as I do my initial rebuy and add on.  If I see a 5.50 game that I cannot pass up, I will register. 

I will play this tournament quite a bit and try to find some similar tournament structures, as this one seems to treat me well.  There were only 38 runners, a 1 hour late registration, and 10 minute blind levels.

There seems to be a lot better tournament selection throughout the evening.  There are a couple games I have been playing and not cashing in the last couple nights that I think are beatable.  I will give them a few more tries and if I don't start cashing once in a while I will find alternatives.

I do need to stick with tournaments.  I have dabbled in heads up sng's and NL cash.  I lose more than I win in those.  If I don't have time for tournaments, I may play a few games, but I won't load up 6 tables at a time.  They will be treated as a training exercise as they both help to prepare me for tournament play.  I feel that I have a pretty good edge when I reach the final table with top 5 in chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment