Saturday, February 2, 2013

Good Feeling

It feels good when you play patiently and finally get AA dealt to you with 2 raisers acting before you, and after you re-pop it, one person goes all in, and you hold against their AK. 

The first day of February was a continuation of January.  I couldn't keep hitting that fold button.  I thought I needed to try to forcibly bring in my chips.  It didn't work and I was stuck for the 1st day. 

Tonight I started out the same way, even though my goals said I would not.  I switched gears about halfway through my 600 hands and remained pretty even for the next couple hundred hands.  Then I got AA.  After that I had an A high flush flop and get called down, and a full house called with a lower full house.

My goal of keeping my VPIP between 18 to 20 feels like a correct move.  It keeps me from starting with hands I really shouldn't be playing.

I have played 7 sng's the last 2 days and took 1 first place in an 18 man.  I bubbled  or came close in a couple of 18 mans and 27 man.  One thing I noticed was that my VPIP for my normal play in SNG's is close to 15.  I play tight in SNG's but always thought I would need to play looser in cash.  Maybe I need to play similar in both.  I may need to loosen my range a little in sng's and tighten it up quite a bit in cash.

I played 644 hands today with a profit of 2.22.  I played 4 sng's with a profit of 2.80.


4 comments:

  1. Depending on how long you last in the SNG's your VPIP will swing wildly.

    If you make the final 6 or so in a few in a row that will get you playing more hands and your VPIP will go through the roof.
    I think the proper way to break down the SNG's is to actually view your stats depending on how many people are left - If your table was full or short - etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true. I was thinking about this last night after I typed this. When we got down to 3 players on the tournament I won my VPIP went up to 33.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mirk, here's a hand from my $10NL cash session today where depending on the numbers your HUD is giving you depends on your action.

    Merge Game #66329544-703 | Holdem NL ($0.05/$0.10) | 2013/02/05 13:05:40 -0500 | Version:2
    Table Lima XIV (66329544), Seats 6
    Seat 1: vinnytheg771 ($3.07 in chips)
    Seat 2: groszeck ($3.75 in chips) DEALER
    Seat 3: FlushhDraw ($10.00 in chips)
    Seat 4: AyRayray ($9.94 in chips)
    Seat 5: sssvvvddd ($26.31 in chips)
    Seat 6: harrybosch ($10.00 in chips)
    FlushhDraw: Post SB $0.05
    AyRayray: Post BB $0.10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to FlushhDraw [Qc Qh]
    sssvvvddd: Fold
    harrybosch: Fold
    vinnytheg771: Call $0.10
    groszeck: Fold
    FlushhDraw: Raise $0.40
    AyRayray: Call $0.30
    vinnytheg771: Call $0.30
    *** FLOP *** [6s 3c 9s]
    FlushhDraw: Bet $1.20
    AyRayray: Raise $2.40
    vinnytheg771: Fold
    FlushhDraw: Call $1.20
    *** TURN *** [5c]
    FlushhDraw: Check
    AyRayray: Bet $4.00
    FlushhDraw: Fold
    *** SUMMARY ***
    AyRayray: wins $5.70
    AyRayray: wins $4.00 (uncalled)

    In this case this particular Villain has an overall postflop aggression frequency only in the low to middle 40s and his flop AFq is the low 30s. This is based on over 200 hands played against him as well. In my mind I really probably should have folded to the flop raise as a guy like this with those low AFq numbers is not the type to be raising a draw in some sort of semi-bluff. Wanted to get your thoughts on this hand and tell me if you would have played it similar or would the overpair cause you to simply come over the top to that flop raise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have played it very similar in betting up to the turn. If I called his raise on the flop, I would have led out about half pot on the turn. If he fired another raise I would have let it go.

    Based on what I see I think he probably had a mid pocket pair. He possibly hit a set. I think he would have 3 bet you pre-flop if he had a pocket J's or higher.

    He more than likely held something as his flop AFq suggests that he did, but with the flop being that low he could have been betting 7's 8's or 10's along with a set.

    Probably a good fold as I see a set being a large part of his betting range in this hand.




    ReplyDelete