Friday, August 23, 2013

Changing My Mindset To Get In Shape

I was tired again last night and did not go run or walk or bike or exercise.  I did decide to eat cereal instead of a steak and baked potato, but that didn't come close to filling me up so I had some fried jalepeno's, fried french fries, and a fried corn dog.  Oops!

I weighed myself again this morning and weighed 222.4 pounds.  I did flex my stomach muscles quite a bit throughout the evening yesterday.  Not sure if that helped.  I think there are some muscles left down there.  Their not visible any more.  Maybe I can lose weight by just thinking about losing weight and not doing anything about it.  I wish.

The time for excuses is over.  It's time to hammer down and get with the program.  This is the last week before the labor day 5K.  I've procrastinated the whole summer away. 

Tonight I am going to run.  I am going to drive to the track and run/walk at least 2 miles.  I should have more energy since I went to bed a couple hours earlier last night.  Part of my being tired is from eating unhealthy, not getting enough sleep, and not exercising. 

I will have my steak salad and baked potato tonight because I will have earned it. 

I'm ready for the sore muscle's and knee's that come with running.  I'm ready for the good feeling that I get from it to.  I know that if I start and do it for a while I will feel better and want to continue.  Getting in the right mindset is the hardest.  I've worked up to it, now I just need to take that first stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment