Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Monday Night Muckem

Last night I made my appearance again at the Monday Night Muckem game.  There have been good turnouts lately.

At the start of the game I could not get anything going.  In fact I had to add on in the second level because I lost a big pot with pocket kings.  That stack was all but gone and I was ready to head home in the third level when I went all in with pocket 10's and had 5 callers.  A 10 on the river saved me and got me back up to a normal stack. 

From there it was painfully slow as I waited on a hand to catch.  Finally I called an all in with pocket 10's.  He had K9 and got a king out of the gate.  I called for a Q and a 9 on the turn and river to catch a straight and win that hand.

At break I was slightly under starting stack size, 4 BB's.  The first hand back I three bet all in against the raiser beside me when I was on the button with pocket 8's.  Not only did he call, but the small blind and big blind also went all in.  The initial raiser had KK.  The other 2 did not have anything.  Three of us were eliminated the first hand back from break.

I was getting the calls I wanted from the players I wanted, but they actually had hands this week.  I need to tighten way up next week and watch the action at the table before I dive in.  Everybody is improving their play.  I need to find a way to exploit that.

No comments:

Post a Comment