Thursday, June 26, 2014

No Poker, Baseball, Booking a Trip to Vegas

The poker scene for me has been nearly non-existent the past few weeks.  Baseball has taken the front seat.  Usually with 3 or more games a week.  One of which is always Monday night. 

I'm sure I have fallen below middle of the pack on the leaderboard for this year.  I thought I could walk away with the lead, but I have to work my butt off to have a shot at top 6.  Everybody is getting better and quickly, or I am getting worse and quickly. 

This is the last week of baseball and then it's on to poker for me and swim meets for the kids.  My first year of coaching baseball has been an interesting one.  We had lots of rule changes, a lot of new kids to the game, and myself being new to coaching the game after never playing.  It's a great feeling when the kids finally catch on to something or get excited about the game.  It also takes a lot of patience when they are not paying attention to anything that is going on and not trying to improve.

I'm ready for some home time.  I'm ready for some poker on Monday.  I might even deserve some Sunday and Friday poker.

I have started booking my next trip to Vegas with my friend from Ohio.  I booked our plane tickets to fly out on the 26th of September and back on the 1st of October.  I used points from my Southwest card and in the name of FREE, I scheduled the first 2 nights with comps from the Riviera.  I'm hoping to get the last 3 nights at Harrah's or the Quad so we can have quick access to poker.

I know better than to book a trip 3 months out.  It takes f o r e v e r !  I have plenty of other things to look forward to between now and then.  We are planning a trip to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City.  I have another bass tournament in Oklahoma in September.  O.K. that's only 2 things.  I may have to take a pre-trip trip out to Vegas for Christmas in July. 

I wouldn't have to pay for my flight or hotel.  I just don't know if I would want to go out by myself.  It would be different than what I'm used to.  



1 comment:

  1. Caesars Corp has been getting pretty stingy with comps.

    I usually travel to Las Vegas by myself or with my brother. I am leaving this Friday with my wife. This trip will be quite different, indeed.

    ReplyDelete