Monday, June 30, 2014

Getting Back in the Scene


My first batch of bierocks are pictured above.  Mom showed me how to make them a couple weekends ago.  Mine are not as pretty as hers but sure were tasty.

Tonight I get to join the scene again in the Monday Night Muck Em.  It's been several weeks since I have been able to play.  Baseball is over now.  I plan on playing tight at first and feeling out the competition for the first few rounds. 

I am considering putting some time into online poker again, now that I will have some free time.  If I do it will likely be 1 tournament a night at a little higher buy in than I usually play.  I haven't had time to check out the tournament scene in a while.  I am thinking if I can find an 11.00 tournament that has a decent starting stack, 10 min blind levels and a relatively short re-entry period, I will play it.  Most of the tournaments have a 3 hour re-entry period and that is too long to try to outlast the re-entry - all in re-entry - crowd.  I might be able to do o.k. at the game, but it isn't my favorite game.

I like a tournament where people are at risk of their tournament life if they lose.  Myself included.  If somebody really loves that 7 5 offsuit, they won't be able to rebuy over and over until it works out for them.

I'm also considering playing a couple of the other local games for a while since things should be slowing down. 

I have had a pretty good break from the game, and I'm ready to hit it again full steam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment