Thursday, May 5, 2016

Back and Better Than Ever

My life has changed considerably since I last posted in March of the previous year. 

The most notable of those changes is that I have transitioned from my Human Resources Director position to Stay at Home Dad.  What a huge change in lifestyle.  In November of last year, my wife accepted a position in Northwest Kansas. 

We found and bought a house.  She moved up to start working once we were back from our Disney trip.  I stayed in my position and lived in South Central Kansas with plans to move up at the end of the year when the kids semester was over.

As it turned out, the person replacing me was not able to start until January so I stayed on for another 3 weeks to train the new Human Resources Director.

Time has flown by since then.  It feels like I was just working last week.  Now I stay home with my 3 year old daughter and greet the boys when they get out of school at 4:00.  They only have a 4 day school week so we have a weekday together as well. 

A lot went through my mind when deciding if this was the right direction for my life.  Leaving the working world can be a career buster if you stay out too long.  I was ready for a change in my career path anyway.  At some point I will either go back to school for a new career path or hopefully start something on my own.

I considered what people will think.  That has led to most of my decisions in life.  They were not all bad decisions, I just wasn't really happy.  I am 37 years old.  It is time to start living my own life.

Money wise, we are better off than we were before.  I thought that we could really stack in the money if I took another job up here.  That may still happen at some point, but for now I am enjoying my time with my daughter, and I'm not sure money can buy that.  

Since my transition, I have found out that my 3 year old daughter loves fishing more than I do.  She has already out fished me once.

I do chores around the house and transport kids to all their sporting event stuff.  We have to travel 20 minutes to practice and games.  I do a few things on the side to bring in some extra money, but try not to do too much as I am home to take care of my daughter.

Recently I picked up a landscaping and mowing job at a local business to have a little extra spending money.

I have started playing online poker again with limited success.  I was having good success until yesterday.  Every player ended up having pocket aces any time I got a decent hand.  Thankfully that streak broke this morning when I played.

I have been considering adding to the blog now that I am playing again and have more time to do so.  This seems to be the right time as I leave for Vegas tomorrow.  Every year I try to make it out to meet a friend from Ohio.  It has been a year and a half since our last Vegas adventure. 

Next week I should have some fun stories to share with you. 

7 comments:

  1. Broooooo!!! Welcome back. Good to see you blogging and playing poker again. We used to correspond through one of my previous blogs before I moved to Vegas. I look forward to reading many updates about your adventures. What site are you playing online??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I didn't notice this post until now. Congrats on making a great life decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did i make it to this guys blog list? no idea who he is, if still in vegas needs to come introduce himself in the nugget tomorrow night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony,

      Met you at Nugget in June. Was there with FlushhDraw.

      Delete
  4. I read your article. Great information you provide. I never read stunning article like yours thanking you so much for the share such a outstanding information. I would like to provide some of interesting information about
    Netplay

    ReplyDelete