Thursday, May 5, 2016

BREAK

I wrote this quite a while back.  A lot has changed quite majorly since I wrote this and I will catch you up on that in a future post.

O.K. Maybe it's time to give a little update.  Reason for lapse in posting:  Rattlesnake bite to the groin!  No, not really.  I guess I just needed a break, had a lack of things to write about, got really busy with 3 kids, etc.

So what have I been doing?  I can tell you that poker has taken a back door.  I still play in a local game occasionally but took a break from it as well for most of the summer.

Recently, I have started concentrating on the game again and have found some success.  The first week of the year I won the local game.  From then until a few weeks ago I did not make the final 4 places.  The game has gotten bigger, the rules have changed a little, the players are getting better.  I have a lot of excuses.  The main thing was that I was not trying to improve.

A few weeks ago, I played online to get my groove back.  I read some card player magazine articles.  I focused on my play and the play of the others at the table.  Since I started doing that, I have finished 3rd and 2nd at the local game.  The payouts were a nice boost to my depleted bankroll.

My plans were to go to Las Vegas in October.  I had everything planned out and approved by the wife, then I changed gears.  Some friends offered to take us along on their Disney World trip in November.  Once I decided to do that I knew all of my discretionary money would be going towards that. 

The trip has been booked and mostly paid for.  Now it's time to start planning a trip to the desert.  I'm thinking January would be a good time to go.  I might have to go out sooner.  I'm craving a Vegas Vacation.

This summer has been really busy.  We moved to the country.  The boys and I have picked up several yards to mow in town.  It has rained every week.  The grass has needed mowed a minimum of once a week.  On top of the town yards, I have several acres to mow at home. 

Now that we are in the country, I have started a garden, hatched and started raising chickens and guineas, built coops and pens for both of them, and drive the kids back and forth to town for sports.  That takes up all of my time.  I'm ready for fall.

I decided to set up an account for Draft Kings.  I had heard very little about it out here.  I am excited for the first week of NFL now.  I have several teams drafted in several of the contests.  I might have gotten a little carried away this first week, but I think it may turn out to be profitable. 

I have done some dabbling on some of the other sports, and have finished o.k. in a couple of the contests.  I just don't pay attention to baseball, mma and golf as much as I do football.  I'm not an expert by any means, but it looks fun to try.

Going forward I am not going to be posting on a regular basis.  I will try to post a little more than twice a year.

1 comment: