Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em

My plan to start out slow and pay attention to the other players did not work out last night.  My first 4 hands had an Ace in them and I caught either the Ace or the other card.  I would bet and by the turn would be raking the pots.  Not a bad way to start out. 

It took a little while but I finally started to settle in and really get focused.  The player to my left was amassing a huge stack.  Mine hovered right around the starting stack size all the way to just before break when I decided to play some less than steller hands to try to build my stack. 

The most notable was calling a small all in with K6 of diamonds.  K Q and 6 fell on the flop.  Big stack to my left bet out big and I called.  Another K on the turn made me feel better, especially when big stack made a bet of the same size as his last bet.  Had he had the KQ he would have normally bet bigger.  I called.  Turn was a blank.  Big stack bet and I raised.  He called and I took down a healthy pot.

After break I started getting slapped in the face with cards.  It didn't matter if I folded or stayed in my hands seemed to be the winner most of the time.  My stack got huge.  With such a lead I just waited on hands and pounced.  At the final table I knocked out all but 1 or 2 players on my run to 1st place.

I only lost 1 pot that was disheartening.  It was early in the game and I had 4 6 off in the BB.  Nobody raised and a 4 6  fell on the flop.  I bet the flop and turn trying to chase 3 players off.  They stayed in and a 2nd jack fell on the river.  I checked.  There was a 1/2 pot size bet from across the table and I folded.  She showed her trip J's. 

Part of my success last night was making good lay downs, staying focused, and getting extremely good cards.  I haven't ran that well in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment