Friday, January 16, 2015

Poker and Basketball

This week I got back into the Monday night Muck Em.  The week before my daughter had been diagnosed with Influenza, I was exposed and I did not want to spread it to anybody else so I stayed home.

This week I came ready to play.  The cards were ready for me too.  I won the very first hand I have played this year with a pair of kings.  Nobody called my bet on the flop.  I caught several boats, sets, straights and all at the opportune times.  By the time we got to the final table I had a sizable chip lead.  The cards went dead.  Compared to what I had been getting.  I sat on my stack and watched as other players were taken out.

When we got down to 5 left I started looking for a spot to make a move.  I found a couple of spots and maintained my stack.  The blinds were starting to get to where I could not sit any longer.

When the bubble busted I was sitting with a slight lead.  From there one of the players continued on his run he was having since break.  He had been down to 1 bb at break and had went on a heck of a streak.  He took out the other 2 players and had me covered in chips. 

We played back and forth for nearly another 20 minutes.  I looked down at pocket 3's and thought I would do a semi-steal attempt.  He called.  The flop came out low.  He had called my raise so i figured he might have high cards.  I thought he had me covered so I announced all in.  He thought for a while and called.  It turned out I had a few more chips than he did.  I turned over my 3's and he showed 2 6 for a pair of 2's.  The board ran out not improving his hand and giving me the win. 

I collected my my hundo from finishing 3rd last year and collected more than that for my 1st place finish.  Nice start to the year.

We had our first basketball games on Saturday.  The boys played really well.  We lost 11 to 16 the first game and 12 to 32 the second game.  We fell apart at half time the 2nd game.  We were down 10 to 12 and looked like we had a chance.  Then I had a couple of kids start arguing and pushing each other on my team.  Another 2 kids forgot their positions and started running all over chasing the ball.  We are looking good.  We have 2 players that are scoring all of the points.  We need another player to step up and become a scoring threat as well. 

After practice this week I think we will have at least 3 kids scoring this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment