Friday, February 14, 2014

Drinking Vegas

With less than a week to go until we leave for Vegas, I am more anxious than ever.  I scheduled the trip perfectly for a break after such a hectic work schedule.

The last month has aged me a couple years with all of the stress from work.  I finished up a system conversion, had auditors, had a system update, got W2's and taxes out the door, got benefit enrollment going, on top of countless other smaller projects that popped up along the way.  I'm ready for a break.  I would have been a lot more stressed out if I didn't have something to look forward to afterwards.

On top of it all we have had sickness, birthdays, ball games, a weekly poker game, study time with the kids, and some where in there time to sleep.

I had been on medications for sinus's and getting my wisdom teeth pulled then sinus's again, so I have not drank much in the past 8 weeks.  I usually try to consume several alcoholic beverages a week in order to ward off my allergic reactions to alcohol.  With the long break I have been breaking out in hives the last few times I have drank the last week.  They don't last long, and the burning, itching usually goes away after I have a couple of drinks.  I was worried it would be worse.  I didn't want to wait until we got to Vegas to figure out how bad it would be.

My goal this week is to drink several different drinks to continue to get ready for Vegas.  I haven't spent a lot of time completely sober out there and don't plan on spending this whole trip that way. 

On the plus side I am going to be a very cheap drunk.  Two drinks is about my limit right now.  That's a far cry from where I used to be in college, when I used to stand on a step stool, open my throat and pour down a pitcher of beer every half hour to entertain the crowd.  Maybe I didn't know my limit back then, because I remember crawling on my hands and knees back to the house a few times.  One time I waved to some girls on a porchswing with one of my hands and fell over.  A three point stance was not enough. 

Mizike can hold his liquor and puts me to the test each time we get together.  This is going to be a rough trip if I'm not able to build some type of tolerance.  I'll have to keep him on the move checking out different places so we can't drink a whole lot.

I used to watch Mizike chug rum just like I did beer.  We're both older now but I bet we can still put a few back when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment