Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Getting Ready For Vegas, Monday Night Muck Em and 750 SNG Month Recap

Apparently it's been a while since my last post.  I failed getting in 750 SNG's as I had to put in 15 hour days at work the last 2 days of the month.  I was still able to get about 740 games in for a profit of 1.00.  That is including the 10.00 from VIPs's and 15.00 from the SNG leaderboard.  Not very impressive.

The time it took to take on this challenge was too much for me to try it again anytime soon.  It was fun for a month.  It was just the wrong month to try it with so much going on at work. 

Last night was our local tournament that I have termed Monday Night Muck Em.  There were 15 runners.  I wanted to make the money to give me some more spending money for Vegas.  The previous week I started out hot and in one round lost all of my chips. 

This week turned out a little bit different.  There was a lot of gambling going on at my table so I sat back and waited on cards and then waited on my cards to hit, then collected chips.  Right as we were getting ready to merge tables I was able to take a person out at my table that had slightly less chips than I had.  He was fishing for a flush.  I had top pair with a flush draw.  Luckily the flush didn't come.

At the other table a guy had just taken out 3 other players in 1 hand, so I needed those chips to have a chance to make it to the money.

At the final table, my hole cards turned to crap.  I thought about playing suited connectors a couple of times but the blinds were too high to risk that kind of play.  Once I saw the flops I regretted my decision.  It got down to 5 players pretty quick with 4 getting paid.  I painfully lost a big pot to a small stack in a blind vs blind play when I caught top pair on the flop.  He checked, I bet slightly over pot and he goes all in for double of what my bet was.  I called to see that he had gotten a set of 2's on the flop.  Bummer. 

At that point 3 of us were now short stacked.  I really didn't want to be bubble boy but couldn't find a hand to play.  Then as the blinds are going up and I'm next to be BB.  Two players go all in and the big stack calls.  I'm hoping that the big stack can beat at least 1 of them.  As the cards finished flying the big stacks hand held and we were in the money. 

I got a walk on my BB but didn't feel an all in moment that round.  The BB had me all in again.  This time the other shorter stack called.  I had J8 to his J7 and won.  The other short stack won on his BB against the big stack and I was back in the BB again.  This time I had 10 6d.  I only had slightly over 1 BB so I called big stack's raise.  He had 10 7o.  The cards ran him out a flush and ended my night.  The next hand the other player won against big stack, but that didn't last long as big stack called his all in the very next hand and took him out. 

I was happy to finish in the money again.  With only 2 more weeks until Vegas I can use any extra winnings I can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment