Friday, February 7, 2014

Super Bowl Prop Bet

Early in the day Sunday I saw that I had 20.00 bonus money to use at a sports bet page.  I haven't been paying attention to football at all this year since we don't have cable.  Since Denver is close I thought I would cheer for them and make a bet that they would win. 

The site said I would get 16.70 if they won.  Since I'm not a sports bettor I didn't know if that included the 20.00 I spent on the bet or not.  16.70 for 20.00, or 0.00 for 20.00 sounded like a poor bet so I decided to look at other options.

I noticed the super bowl prop bets.  One of them was how many times Peyton Manning would say Omaha.  Another was what type and color of drink would be poured on the winning coach.  This seemed like something I would have a good shot at winning even though there were a ton of colors of Gatorade as well as water and some other liquids including the long shot chicken broth.

I was initially going to put all 20.00 on yellow Gatorade as that is a very popular color and had a nice payout.  At the time I was thirsty and could have went for an orange Gatorade.  I decided to do 10.00 on orange and 10.00 on yellow.  Either way I would come out a winner if either color was poured on the coach.

All game long the camera would show the Gatorade table.  You couldn't see into the cups.  As the game got out of control it became evident the Seahawks were going to win.  Would they drink orange Gatorade since they were playing an orange team?  They had lime green on their jerseys, were they drinking lime green Gatorade?  Maybe I should have put 1.00 on the chicken broth!  The payout would be astronomical and I would regret not having a small bet on it if they dump chicken broth.  Surely they'll still be excited enough to dump liquid on the coach, even though it's a blowout, it is the Super Bowl.  All kinds of thoughts were going through my head.

Then as the time was clicking down, the camera showed players approaching the coach with a Gatorade jug.  Sploosh!  Orange Gatorade dumped all over the coach.  I jumped up and started cheering!  The most exciting part of the whole Super Bowl and I won.  Had it been yellow Gatorade I would have won more but I still made money.

I checked after a while and the money was in my account.

A couple days ago I got online to play around a little bit before bed.  My account had more money in it than it should.  I pulled up the account history and there it showed that I won the 2nd bet.  Apparently they dumped yellow Gatorade on the coach after dumping orange Gatorade on him. 

I did find out that I would have gotten the 16.70 + my 20.00 bet if the Broncos would have won.  Lucky for me I didn't know that at the time and found the prop bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment