Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em

With only 3 days left until I start my adventur to Vegas, I wanted to make a showing at the poker tables Monday night.  We had 10 players for the game. 

When I arrived, I carefully chose my seat so that I would have the best shot at making the money by playing tight aggressive.  There are a couple players that have figured out how to destroy that style of play so I made sure I didn't sit near either of them.

Once the game started I was dead in the water.  I couldn't catch anything for the first few blind levels.  Not a great start.  Then I was dealt a 72.  It was time to win a pot.  I doubled the BB preflop, flop and the turn.  I was called all the way to the river.  The board ran out A K J 8 10.  With the scary river card, I led out 6 times the BB.  The other guy thought about it for a while before mucking and saying he didn't have that big of a hand.  I turned over my 72 and the crowd went wild.  O.K. one other player said I can't believe you did that. 

A couple hands later I actually had a hand and gathered another good pot with AQ. 

From then on, I was bet out of pots or couldn't find a playable hand.  Before I knew it we were playing for the bubble and then for top 3.  I was in desperate need of a few double ups to have a chance, but couldn't even get a face card to go all in.  I would be put all in by the blind and double up, then no cards, all in by the blind, double up.  I did that 3 or 4 times.  Finally I got 2 face cards and went all in with the biggest stack I had all night, which at this time was only 2 BB's.  I was called right away.  He had an ace and spiked an ace on the flop.  I also flopped a pair but I could not pull a second card on the turn or river.

Third place will give me more money to take to Vegas and may move me up to the top of the leaderboard for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment