Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 2 Finally Playing Poker

 
After Losing Money On Day One, I woke up feeling a little bummed.  Here is a link to the ATM incident from the previous year.  My plans were to do some sports betting in the morning and watch football all afternoon.  No big deal.  I could skip the sports betting.  Watching football is free. 
 
I grabbed some money saved for Day Three and headed downstairs for breakfast.  I wasn't missing out on the orange juice that I had been looking forward to having every morning.  The little things can change one's day.  I ordered a chicken fried steak, eggs, potatoes and orange juice at the café.  The food was amazing and only cost 12.00.  My orange juice was great, but when I got the bill and saw the 7.00 charge for the small glass of o.j. I decided I would not be eating there every morning.
 
We watched football all afternoon and even got some pizza and wings to take up to the room to eat while we watched some exciting games of football.  That evening my plans were to try to play the 200.00 mega satellite to the 1600.00 Deep Stack game at the Venetian.  In order to do this I would need to cut down my spending money per day the rest of the week.  Still, I had to give it a shot.  Next to drinking orange juice every morning, and getting a fried oreo, this was something I really wanted to do.
 
The table that I drew had a ton of wreckless players.  We had 5 people go out in the first hour.  I think the rest of the field of 60 players only had 1 or 2 players go out from the other 5 tables.  I got tied up in a couple hands that flopped or turned badly for me and I had to bail.  My stack was getting shorter each blind level.  I finally got QQ and raised preflop.  There was a raise after me, that put me all in.  It was just him and I, so I called.  He turned over pocket K's.  GG!
 
We left the Venetian and went to check out the place we would be calling home the next few nights - The Quad.  We walked around a little bit and headed back to the Riviera, calling it an early night again.
 
The next day we would be looking forward to making a move to the Quad and being around some poker action.  The day after that we would be looking forward to some more poker action, a show, and a trip to Freemont Street.  Will we get to play more poker?  Do we make it to Freemont Street to gorge our faces in fried oreo's and twinkies?  Only time will tell.
 

5 comments:

  1. a teaser??????? SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bring my own OJ concentrate and sheeeeeeeeeeeit. i living in florida ,so long and drink some much oj and grapefruit juice. when i order a screwdriver. i say hold the OJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew angerisagift would be all over the fried Oreos and Twinkies situation. Man -- $7 for orange juice? This was in the café at the Riv?

    My favorite café is at Ellis Island. Great inexpensive food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was at the Riv. If I would have looked at the prices, I would have waited and got an OJ at the ABC store for 2.00. The breakfast was great though. Across the room at Wicked Vicki's I found out they had the same types of foods for lower prices. I'll be visiting Wicked Vicki's next time I'm there.

      Delete
  3. Just re-read the ATM story. Had that happen once many years ago. Was not looking forward to asking my wife to wire me money. Hit two big scores on Triple Double Diamond slots when down to almost nothing. Never even needed to withdraw after that.

    ReplyDelete