Friday, October 10, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em - 6 Hands and Out 3 times

Is it too soon to think about returning?
 
 
This last weekend after I returned from the promise land, I started preparations for my upcoming regional fishing tournament.  The weather Saturday was perfect.  My son had a football game and afterwards my wife didn't want to go home.  I needed to drive to Alva to pick up a wiring harness to go from my boat to the new pickup so we headed to town.
 
It was around lunch time when we got done shopping and I asked the kids what they wanted to eat.  At that time we were passing the bowling alley so they said they wanted to go bowling.  The bowling alley has a diner in it so I made them suffer through eating while the anticipation built to go bowling.
 
We bowled a couple of games then came home.  The kids had a blast. 
 
My plans were to drag the boat out of the garage and tinker with it all day, enjoying the nice weather.  One of my goals was to install a GPS/fish finder I had gotten a couple years ago that I have not been able to get working. 
 
The liquor store is right behind our house so I walked over and got some drinks and got to work.  Five hours later I had the unit installed and working.  I had to change out some wiring but it appeared that it was going to be just fine. 
 
In the midst of working on the boat my youngest son asked if we were going to go fishing the next day.  The wife said it would be o.k.  I needed to test out the GPS/Fishfinder unit anyway.  We went fishing on Sunday. 
 
Monday night we had our regular game.  This time I would be showing up late due to parent teachers conference.  It ran longer than expected and by the time I got to the game they were on the 3rd level. 
 
First hand I had an AK.  I came out of the gate with a decent raise.  4 callers.  Crap.  Ace on flop.  Yeah!  Big bet.  4 callers.  Crap.  Turn brings 3rd suited card.  Crap.  Bet ahead of me.  Crap.  I look at cards.  King is the right suit.  Yeah!  Call.  2 more callers.  River pairs the board.  Check to me.  Wait!  Is this a set up.  No he would bet there.  Bet by me.  Fold Fold Raise.  Crap.  He knows I would normally fold to him there.  Is he making a play.  He's the type of player that might.  Call.  Nope he has the goods.  Full boat.  Crap.
 
Next hand AK.  Action gets to me with no raises.  All In.  Two callers.  I don't remember what the other guy had but the winner of the hand had KQ.
 
Rebuy.
 
Have 1 foldable hand. 
 
Next hand have 3 5 in BB.  No raises, I check.  Flop comes out low 2 3 9.  Big bet.  I think, then get out of the way to maybe an over pair.  Couple of other callers.  Turn is a 3.  Crap, why didn't I stay in.  River is a 4.  There is a big bet and call.  Bettor has A5 for straight.  Glad I got out but crap how can you bet that way for a wheel draw.
 
Next hand nothing.
 
Next hand I have AQ.  Big bet before me.  I go all in.  2 calls.  Man, what did I just do.  Flop was Q high.  Betting on the side.  Oh great, dig money out of my pocket.  I lose to KQ when a K hits on the river. 
 
Rebuy.
 
Next hand AK.  It's raised before me.  I go all in.  He calls and tables AA. New record for early dismissal at the friendly Monday Night Muck Em.  I didn't even make it to the level before break.
 
 

2 comments: