Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Two Monday Night Muck Em's

It must be time to catch up.  I have played 2 Monday Night Muck Em games now that I have been in and have not posted. 

The first one came after my horrific showing of 6 hands with 2 rebuys, felted, and out of there.  My plan was to last longer in this tournament.  I made it until right after break when I ran low on chips and made the painful all in.  I don't remember what I lost to.  I finished as the 3rd one out.  Not a good showing.

Last night I had to try to redeem all of my bad play the last several weeks.  The game started out slow for me.  I tightened my range and waited for playable hands.  Lately I have been playing very loose early in the game.  This time I was going to wait on my hands and catch them off guard.  Around the 2nd level I was dealt A6 in the BB.  There were no raiser's, but several callers.  Flop came out 9 6 6 two spades.  I checked and a late position player bet min.  I called as well as 2 others.  Turn was a J.  I checked.  The late position  player bet min again.  I called.  So did the 2 others.  The river was a 4.  No flushes hit.  This time I bet 2x min.  Only the original bettor called.  I showed my hand and he turned over his to show he had the 9. 

I loosened up a little and tried to steal a few pots.  It worked a couple times on some scary looking boards.  One time the other player checked and I bet all the way to the river.  He had it the whole time.  I showed my nothing hand.

A while later I had QQ as the dealer.  There was a bet and a raise before me.  I raised and both players folded. 

We made it to the final 5 with 4 getting paid.  I had a decent chip stack for the table.  There were a couple short stacks.  One of them went all in.  I looked down at A6 in the BB.  It was another blind to call so I did.  He had 7 9 and hit a 9 on the turn.  A couple hands later the blinds went up as they were getting back to me.  There was only one short stack, I only had a little over 4 bb's as an average stack.  In the BB I had to fold to a raise.  The next hand I get dealt QJo.  It was looking pretty good when everybody folded before me.  I went all in and the BB called with, of course, A6.  An ace on the flop and the turn sealed my fate.  I was bubble boy for the first time this year in the Monday Night Muck Em.

At least bubble boy gets a few valuable points.  I am still sitting in 3rd for the points.  1st and 2nd are pulling ahead.  I am still a little ways ahead of 4th so I need to keep putting up good numbers in order to take some end of the year money.

No comments:

Post a Comment