Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween



The last couple of nights I have been able to get off work at the regular time.  We had a tree branch fall down in our yard so I got it cut up the night before last.  We left one limb untouched so we could make a ghost tree off the front porch. 
 
Last night we carved the pumpkin.  All three kids got their hands slimy pulling out pumpkin guts.  We don't have a carving kit, but the ole buck knife did the trick just fine. 
 
For candy we got some plastic jars filled with gummy insects surrounded by gummy liquid.  It's pretty gross looking, but some boys around town should get a kick out of them.  For the kids that are hesitant we have chocolate.
 
Football is now over so I don't have any plans this weekend.  I am hoping to get a poker tournament or two in online.  I logged on last night and saw that I had an extra 20.00 on there.  One of my pre-season sports bets has apparently paid off.  I'm not sure which one yet.  I made quite a few bets on team wins, # of yards for receivers, running backs and quarterbacks, etc.  I will check this weekend to see how those bets are coming along.
 
Next weekend I will be traveling to my parents for opening weekend of pheasant season.  Depending on the weather, we may end up at the lake instead of the field. 
 
Two weeks after that I will be traveling there again.  I have been talking to my wife about trading in 2 of our older vehicles on a newer higher gas mileage vehicle.  We just bought the pickup, but I am tired of working on those other vehicles, and as much as we travel for sports and family, it would be nice to have a fuel efficient vehicle.  Another reason is that my wife works 30 minutes away.
 
Have a happy safe Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. I also question changing family vehicles. My wife takes a van to work, but we rarely need the van anymore since our kids have grown up. However, not having a monthly car payment is sweet. Maybe buying a crotch rocket is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having a monthly car payment is sweet! I have ran into the problem of paying 600.00 or more per vehicle for repairs lately. A car payment would be a walk in the park. If they would just stay fixed. Either way I have to get rid of at least 1 vehicle.

      A crotch rocket is probably the answer. I'd prefer a chromed out Honda shadow, but would settle with a motorized scooter, if my wife would let me have one.

      Delete