Friday, December 12, 2014

Good News for Poker Players

Update From Poker Players Alliance
Weekly Update from Rich Muny, VP of Player Relations

 I have terrific news to share with you. Following a major fight on Capitol Hill, the last “must pass” bill moved forward without Sheldon Adelson’s online poker ban attached! Chances of Adelson succeeding in the lame duck had been estimated to be as high as 50/50 by former Congressman Jon Porter (R-NV), so it is clear the poker community won a major battle for our game this week.

I wish to thank you and everyone who stood strong and refused to allow Sheldon Adelson and his cronies to usurp our rights.

That being said, a victory lap is premature. After all, the lame duck session is not quite over. We all still need to remain vigilant while continuing to let our lawmakers know that we oppose this bill and that we are paying attention. And, as 2015 will see a tenacious fight at the state and federal levels for our game, the action we all take now will help lay the foundation for next year.




I was excited to see this news when I looked to see if there was an update on the poker players alliance homepage.  I still like to play online every once in a while.  My hopes of the good ole days of playing with people across the world have all but vanished.  There is still hope that some day there will be a poker boom again in the United States where I can play more than just a few tables at a time.  I don't need 3 screens now for the few games I can get going. 

There was no Monday Night Muck Em for me this week.  My kids had a Christmas program at school that night so I skipped the poker.  There were quite a few others that did as well, so I should still be ranked in the top 3 for the year.

I am considering playing a local game tonight that I rarely go to.  We are out of town a lot on the weekends or have something going on Friday nights.  I have no plans and I have not played at all this week.  It may be time for some pokerz.

2 comments:

  1. I played at Venetian one night while in Las Vegas. I felt kind of dirty afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played there my last trip in the deepstack series. It definitely felt wrong so I went ahead and lost.

    ReplyDelete