Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em

This last week I have spent time with family, giving online poker players a break.  Last night was our Monday night Muck Em game.  As the game started I played quite a few hands and tightened up as the blinds went up.  Partially because I stopped getting good looking cards.  They turned ugly.

Finally I got 2 face cards and ended up almost all in with them when the board hit middle of the road.  The other player called on the flop with 22.  The board double paired counterfeiting her pair and giving me a decent chip stack.  I took advantage of the blinds once, when they both commented how they got blind hands.  I was on the button so I raised and took advantage of their comments.

With 6 players left I was late position when I looked down at pocket Q's.  I raised the pot 3X to 6000 chips.  I got 2 reluctant callers, one of which was all in.  The first card out was an ace.  I was able to check it down with the other player who had pocket J's.  The all in player had AK.  Two weeks in a row I have been slobbered with high pocket pairs by an ace hitting first thing on the flop. 

Again I started to bounce back until I decided it was a good idea to call an all in with K7 for another half a blind when I was the big blind.  He had Q 10.  I caught my K on the river but it was the 4th diamond that fell and I did not have one.  He did.  The next hand I was all in, in the small blind with A9.  Only the button and big blind were in the hand.  The big blind was all in as well.  I had A9c.  The flop missed me but paired the BB's 6.

With 4 weeks left for points this year, I am still in 3rd.  I have a lot of players on my tail now as the three of us on top have not been finishing great.

I'm getting myself where I want to be towards the end of the game.  I just need to close out.  K's and Q's are killing me.

For the year I have been ahead money wise for a few months now in the Muck Em game.  Each time I place in the top, is profit.  It would be nice to have a few more scores before the end of the year to increase that profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment