Friday, December 19, 2014

Time For Change

This weekend I decided I was going to try to win my way into America's Card Room's 1 million dollar event.  First I had to take care of some things around the house, then I was going to win my way into the game, run hot, and take down the whole thing.

I ran into a problem.  The site froze as I started to play.  It stayed frozen all night into the next day.  I never did finish the tournaments I was in to win a seat.  I'm not sure if it is working yet today or if they refunded my entry fees.  All I know is that I am not $200,000.00 richer.  I guess I will have to way for the holiday millions lottery raffle to pay off.

Monday night I was able to make it to the game and even finished 2nd.  It's been a while since I had a high finish.  That should secure my 3rd place spot for the next 2 weeks.  It also put me in a spot I could contend for 1st if I could pull out a couple last of the year wins. 

I will be coaching my boys in basketball again this year.  We start practice next week and play until the end of January.  As if that will not keep me busy enough, I am also looking into buying a business.  I have been working with the economic development department for the state to get cash flow projections, a business plan put together and look at loan options.  On top of that I have been traveling back and forth across the state, and getting ready for Christmas.

I am looking into buying a marina.  I would be fulfilling a life long dream of mine in doing so.  I would be giving up a lot in doing so as well.  Things that I have become accustomed to, like time off, travel, family time.  The marina has a lot to offer and is set up truly turn key.  They have it running like a top now and making a good profit. 

It's amazing how all of the different jobs I have had will play a role in operating this business.  I have had experience in Marketing, bookkeeping, management, H.R., payroll, purchasing, customer service as well as restraint, housekeeping, maintenance etc.  It feels like I have been doing all of these things for a reason and this is supposed to be my reason.

There's still a lot of hard work to be able to pull this off and a short timeframe to do so.  I may not post a lot in the near future while I am trying to pull everything together.

5 comments:

  1. GL on the biz,bro. i been playing on ACR i got $50 credit. they have the same format as Betcoin.com. they got hacked that is y the freerolls and such were suspended

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Anger. That stinks they got hacked during the biggest game since pokerstars and full tilt left. I was going to try to either get in or help somebody else get in that big game.

      Delete
    2. tru. pray 4 me/wish me luck .i am playing in last step to get a tix to the Cage event on Betcoin 2nite at 7pm. being christmas eve not many entries today .so been freerolling all day 4 it. MERRY CHRISTMAS/KWANZZA

      Delete
    3. p.s 420/ craft beer impairs yr spelling ability #themoreuknow

      Delete
    4. Hope you got your tix and destroyed in the cage.

      Delete