Wednesday, July 3, 2013

How Out Of Shape Am I?

I saw somebody running down the street yesterday and it made me tired.  I am out of shape but I am a little better now that we have moved 500+ bails out of the field and into the hay barn.  On the 3rd day of moving hay I was feeling a lot better and more energized.  My body needs excersize.  I feel better when I excersize. 

Why can't I get motivated to start running again?  I enjoy it when I start.  I think of the initial pain to my knees and my back.  It's inevitable.  I will feel pain.  My body has been through quite a bit and it comes back to haunt me.  I wouldn't change a thing though.  My life has been good.  Sports were the highlight of my younger life.  They helped shape me into who I am today.

Still, I feel the need to sit on the couch and not move at night.  My job is not physical but it is mentally taxing.  I feel exhausted when I get off work.  Somehow, I need to find a way to go to bed earlier.  During my poker kick the last year I have went to bed later every night.  Now I'm not playing as much.  Now I need to change my habit of staying up so late.

Last night I decided to play a little bit.  I loaded up a 3.30 PL HO tournament.  I had fun in the early rounds stacking up a pile of chips.  It's crazy how people will chase with their full stacks in Omaha when you have had the made hand over and over again at showdown.  I made it all the way to 7th place before those chasers finally caught 3 times in a row to send me to the rail as the bubble boy.  I was feeling good about my Omaha 8 game so I got on a cash table.  After a little over an hour of play I was up a little.  Nothing to brag about.

It's nice having my evenings free again.  Baseball and Soccer were taking up a lot of my evenings.  I don't know what I'll do with myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment