Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Knock Out

It was a long day at work today with month end work that needed to be completed.  I seem to be the go to guy when there is any kind of issue.  It makes it hard to get my own job done.  That's o.k. though.  It keeps me busy and I find out what all I can really accomplish if I put my mind to it.  I couldn't believe everything that I got taken care of this evening once everybody left for the day.

I got home around 10:00 and really wanted to play some poker.  I didn't play last night since I got home late then as well.  There was a 2.20 knockout game that had just started.  There wasn't much else that wouldn't take me all night to play, so I loaded it up.

I got 7 knockouts and ended up finishing 3rd for 37.00 plus some change.  There was some luck involved early on, and I made a call that I would ordinarily fold.  It worked out very well and got me a good stack early.  Then I got placed on a table with a guy I knew would go all in with anything.  I waited my turn and called when I got a decent starting hand.  That doubled me up. 

At the end of the game, I would work myself up then blind back down against the final 3 players.  They were monster stacks compared to mine and were playing hard against each other.  They just couldn't take each other out.  Then they started working against me.

I'm happy with a 3rd place finish against 330 entrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment