Saturday, July 27, 2013

Productive Poker Day

Today was a poker marathon that started out with me getting in every 1 2 or 3 dollar tournaments I could.  At one point I had 9 games going at once.  It was going ok as I made 2 final tables, a 5th and a 2nd, early and won a 9 man sng.  I was a little above break even at the half way point of the day.  Then I decided that I was only going to play a few tournaments and give myself a decent shot at the 3.30 HO tournament that I finished 5th in last night. 

The 3.30 HO game was going good as I had some lucky breaks and held the chip lead for quite a while.  When we were down to 2 tables I took a beating by the short stacks and ended up being in last place by the time we reached 7 left.  I got the cards I needed to pull back into the lead by the time we hit the final table. When we were 3 handed I chased a open ended straight draw 10 J.  I held KQ and thought I had outs.  At show down I saw her aces.  I didn't have as many outs as I thought. 

We were all even at that point.  The other two swapped chips a few times but couldn't take each other out.  In hold'em, I got AK and was raised by the big stack.  I re-raised and he went all in.  He had AQ and flopped AQ.  I was dissappointed but should be happy about my third final table of the day. 

Unfortunately none of them were for 1st.  I still had a profitable day.

In the future I am going to limit the number of short blind games I will play.  I am going to try to play the games with 10-15 minute blinds.  Those are the games I keep getting to the final table on.  I did have a 12th place finish today in the 1000.00 guaranteed 1.00 rebuy game for 13.00.  I should have made the final table on that game but the blinds were eating my chip stack and I had to make a move or blind out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment