Tuesday, October 15, 2013

CH CH CH CHANGES

At the beginning of October Carbon Poker changed their VIP structure again.  I was playing at the tier right below Carbon, I think it was water, and finally getting 19% cash back on my VIP points.  I wasn't going to sustain that level of play, so it's not a huge deal to me.  There are 3 tiers now.  You can reach the 1st tier with 500 VIP's earned in the month.  This is probably where I will be for quite a while.  The first tier is 10% cash back on VIP's.  You can cash in 1000 VIP points for 10.00. 

On top of their VIP structure change, they changed a ton of their tournaments.  They now offer a great selection of evening tournaments with long blind levels.  Almost all of their tournaments have a guarantee now.  Some of the guarantees are pointless as a $25.00 guarantee on a 1.00 game is not attractive.  Most of those are going to have way more than 25 players anyway. 

There are several evening games that I have played so far.  There is a 1.10 500.00 guaranteed with 15 minute blind levels, a 2.20 750.00 guaranteed with 15 minute blind levels and a 5.50 1500.00 guaranteed with 15 minute blind levels.  They have a massively long re-entry period of 3 and a half hours.  It builds the pot but allows the donks to get deep in the tournament.  I have registered late in these and start with 5000 chips.  The chip leader is usually around 100,000 chips by this point and I get called down with any hand I decide to play until I at least double up.

There's quite a few games with 10 minute blind levels as well.  I haven't played a ton yet, but what I have seen so far looks like an improvement.

I finally cashed out some of my bankroll on September 28th.  The check was at my house on October 14th.  That was way quicker than I had expected. 

I had a couple final tables this weekend on the new games.  I outright won 1 of the smaller games for a 50.00 profit and finished the others shortly after making the final table.  I also won a 33.00 ticket in a 2.20 game.  I tried hard to go out 1 before the ticket to take the 31.00 cash.  I doubled up twice with horrible hands and got the ticket. 

I have been playing quite a few heads up SNG's if I get knocked out of the tournaments early.  I have been doing o.k. in those and usually make enough over an hour or 2 to cover my tournaments entry's and increase my VIP points.

I'm back in grind mode.  I tell myself not to play until late in the evening when the kids go to bed, but I want to get in some of the juicy games I see going on earlier.  Plus, I don't want to stay up the whole night in order to play the longer blind level games that I do better in.  Maybe I can start a little earlier a couple nights a week to give myself a better chance.  Especially on the weeks I have plans on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment