Monday, October 21, 2013

Crab Legs and Gulf Coast Shrimp

There was nothing major to report in my weekend of poker.  I didn't hit any final tables.  I played a lot of tournaments on Saturday.  It seemed like distractions played a major role in me not doing well.  There was too much going on around me and I kept jumping up from the computer to take care of something.  I would blind down and come back to push and pray. 

SNG's were my savior this weekend.  I think I came close to breaking even thanks to 6 man hyper turbo's.  Thankfully I caught fire on those Saturday evening.  I was hoping to cover part of my buy ins for the tournaments and ended up winning more than that.  They were not so good to me on Sunday, the little bit that I played.  I played on America's Cardroom a little bit on Sunday and won my way into a 33.00 tournament.  I made a dumb call with 66 and lost a chunk out my stack when the loose aggressive cannon in the big blind raised all in with QQ.  I started to build again when I ran AK into AQ.  His flopped straight sent me to the rail.

After church, I cooked up some crab legs and gulf coast shrimp.  The boys ate about 3/4 of the 2 pound box of crab legs.  My oldest is getting pretty good at cracking them and getting the meat out.  My younger boy was reaping the reward.  He didn't have to crack any, but ate a ton.

During Sunday school my daughter said DADA for the first time followed by BABA.  It felt pretty good, but I went ahead and corrected her.  I said MAMA BABA.  It's not going to be long before she starts walking.

My kids got me talked into playing some Boarderlands 2 as they couldn't get past a certain spot.  I jumped on and realized they are getting better than me at the game.  Almost!

Sometime soon I am thinking about taking a poker trip to Oklahoma.  I may go down to play in part of a series, or I may just go down to play some daily donkaments and cash games for a weekend. 

We have a game tonight, so I may start talking with some of the other players to see if any of them are interested in a weekend trip.  With my lack of poker play in Vegas, I feel like I need to hit the felt.  A couple good tournaments would make me feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment