Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Absolutely Hate Pocket 9's

Monday night I had another local game.  Early in the game I could not get anything going.  I played a lot of hands trying to catch something, the hands I didn't play when somebody would raise would hit, but everything else turned to crap on the flop. 

I had to add on shortly before break and went into super tight mode.  It was getting close to the bubble and I caught AA to double me up.  When we got to the bubble me and 1 other player were the short stacks.  He doubled up 3 times on his BB as he would be all but out of chips and have to go all in.  I doubled a couple of times as the blind would approach me and I would have to push with the best hand I could get each round.  Another player got short and I tried to take them out with an A rag hand while I was in the BB and he was short stack.  He had 10 2 diamonds and got there with a pair of 2's.  The next hand I had A rag and went all in against another short stack.  He had 9 2 and caught a pair of 2's.  The very next hand I had A rag again.  I barely had the BB covered so he called me and took me out with a 9 7.  I was bubble boy. 

The game ended a few hands later.  There's always next week.

I didn't play any online poker Monday or Tuesday and considered not playing last night.  The kids wanted to watch The Hulk, so I drug out the laptop while we sat to watch the movie.  I late registered for a few games and got to work.  I made it to the bubble of the first tournament and got pocket 9's in the BB.  The SB raised all in so I called.  He had K3o and caught a K of course to make me the bubble boy.  Same thing exact same hand on the bubble of the next tournament.  Out as bubble boy.  I went all in with complete crap on the other table as I was peeved.  He had 99 and it held.  F 99.

I switched to 5.00 6 max sng's and played 4 of those.  I won 2 of them and was even for the night.  I loaded up quite a few 2.00 6 max sng's and lost in most of them.  I finally went to heads up sng's and played a few of them.  I ended up breaking even for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment