Thursday, November 14, 2013

Carbon Poker Mobile

This is the first I had heard of it.  It looks like its been in beta testing stage since October last year.  When I logged out of Carbon last night a pop up showed up with a link to Carbon's mobile app.  I grabbed my phone and loaded the web page it gave me and saved it to my main screen.  I put in my user name and password.  Bam!  I now have mobile online poker. 

In the little bit of time testing it out, it looked like you can only access cash games.  I'm going to test it out to see if I'm in a tournament on the computer and shut the program down and open the app, if my tournament will open on my phone.  It may be wishful thinking and I doubt it works, but it would be nice for those times that I have gotten in a tournament but realize I need to do something else, where I can't take my computer.

I did play on my phone for about an hour and made a couple of buy in's.  I ran really well.  Before that I had played a couple of tournaments.  I min cashed 1 and finished 10th in the 750.00 nightly guaranteed.  It was pretty disappointing as I had been chip leader for over 4 hours and lost when I called all in with trip 10's to another players boat on the flop.  Tens treated me well Monday but it wasn't my hand last night.  I didn't see it coming and then it was over.  There was no doubt in my mind that I was making the final table and making a run for the 180.00 1st prize money. 

It was still a profitable night.  I'll get them next time.  The final table was full of some of the toughest regulars I play against so I would have had my work cut out for me.

Coming so close to a final table got me fired up about online poker again.  It's been a while since I had last played.  This was a nice comeback.

I was sick last night while I was playing.  I was able to lay there and stay focused so I played.  After I was done I went to sleep.  It was pretty scary as I really felt like I was dying when I closed my eyes and drifted off.  My wife woke me up one time and asked if I was cold.  I was.  I guess I was shivering so hard it woke her up.  She threw an extra blanket across me.  I remember waking up another time shaking pretty hard. 

I had a dream I was outside in the snow and had build a mound out of snow and cut a square hole in the top to put water to do the dishes.  There were penguins sliding down the sides of the mound and I was trying to train them to do the dishes for me thinking that their flippers would work great for scrubbing pans.  It was cold. 

That was one of the strangest dreams I have had in a long time, so I thought I would share it.

I still do not have plans for this weekend.  I may stay home and try to save some money.  Driving costs so much and we both just got back from trips 4 hours away last weekend.  That's 200.00 in gas.  With the holidays coming up, I know we will be traveling a lot.  It may be a good weekend to just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment