Monday, November 4, 2013

A Break From Online

This weekend seemed kind of short.  I guess the time change wasn't enough.  We stayed pretty busy all weekend so that makes the time go a little faster.

Friday night we cleaned a little and lounged around.  My parents were coming in to town on Saturday.  We got up and finished cleaning on Saturday, then I started lunch for when my parents got in.  They showed up right on schedule as lunch was finishing up.  We ate hamburger stew and homeade italian bread. 

After that we went to a craft fair.  When we got back we walked around town since the weather turned out so nice.  Later that night we went to dinner and a play in town.  They have those a couple times a year here.  The production was very good and you could tell a lot of practice went in to get ready for it.  The cast did an amazing job.  My sister in law stole the hearts of the crowd with her performance.  She is so talented on so many levels.

On Sunday we got up to see my parents off and go to church.  Both boys ended up with some type of stomach bug so we didn't end up going to church.

In the afternoon I took a nap and woke up realizing I had told somebody I would play a local game.  I got ready and got over there.  It was a 10.00 rebuy and had about 18 people.  There were around 20 rebuys and only paid the top place.  Usually they chop around top 3 but it was looking like it would not chop unless we got out 1 individual.  That individual took me out in 5th place when his 2 pair overtook my top pair.  I was short stack and had been looking to make a move anyway.  I was out 10.00 with a chance of making a good return had I won that hand.

It's been a while since I have played online.  My patience to sit in a game for a long time was wearing thin.  I decided to take a break as the long games are the ones I do good in if I have the patience.  I'm not craving the final tables like I was.  It must have been time for a break.  My need for final tables will return, it always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment