Wednesday, November 13, 2013

No Place Like 1st Place

Found this plant full of devils claws while we were out hunting last weekend.

Monday night I went to the local game even though I was starting to feel a little bit under the weather.  The week before I was the 1st one out and it stunk.  This week I was going to do what I could to not do the same thing. 

The first three hands of the game came out with somebody having a flopped flush.  The other players didn't think it would happen a 3rd time, luckily for me it did as one player had the ace.  I had K 10 and it all went out in the middle.  The fourth suited card did not fall for him and I got an early double up.

From there the 10's helped me tremendously.  I flopped a set against an all in.  He caught a flush, but the board paired on the river and I won again.  The final hand came down to my pocket 10's against QJo.  My 10's held and I won.  There were quite a few other hands that were instrumental throughout the tournament.  I think I took out all but 2 players.  I wasn't playing aggressive, I just waited on my hands and called their overly large bets that usually chase me out of the hands.  This time I had chips and was able to stand my ground.

There were 9 players.  The game paid 4 spots.  I took 4 times my buy in, which isn't too bad for a fun local game.

This weekend I am considering going down to Oklahoma City to play a tournament and hang out with friends.  I may have to go down the following weekend to help them move so it is a tossup right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment