Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tried For A Repeat But Had To Settle For Redemption

I was shooting for a repeat the Monday before last.  I started building a stack shortly after break and Poof it was gone in a hand.  I can't remember what I had but it was more than likely trips or better to stack off like that.

This week was redemption time.  We had turkey and all the fixings for break time and I had been looking forward to this game as I have slacked off on playing any online poker for a while now.  My plan was to play tight and take advantage of the players that had seen me playing so loose the previous week. 

I picked up a couple pots early, then settled in waiting on an opportunity to take another pot.  A little before break I won a couple of hands to set me up nicely for the blind jumps after break.

After eating an early Thanksgiving meal at break, I came back ready to make the money.  Things did not go so well.  I was instantly in the BB and had someone go all in for another BB.  I called with a less than desirable hand and lost.  The very next hand the same thing happened and I called again and did not catch. 

The very next hand a player went all in for 2 BB's again.  This time my stack was not looking great but I had a better hand.  I folded and would have won that hand. 

I blinded down to 2 BB's and made my move with 10 10.  I had another caller and another person go all in with slightly less chips than I had.  My 10's held and I tripled up. 

One player was dominating the table after that and knocking people out right and left.  I got one more knockout as I was in the BB and had the all in covered with the BB. 

It got down to heads up and I was dominated in chips.  I made a great run and was ahead in chips when I called down top pair to his normally large bets.  We both had the same hand but his flushed on the river crippling me.  The blinds went up the next hand and I was automatically all in.  I went out in 2nd and cashed for a little over triple my buy in, plus we got great food.

Last night I had some time to play some poker on my phone.  I did o.k. playing heads up cash against another player.  He was really aggressive and all I had to do was wait on a decent playing hand and call him.  I could tell right away when he started adjusting and I made adjustments to counteract.  I ended up doubling my buy in over the course of an hour of playing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment