Monday, November 11, 2013

Hunting Trip


It's been quite a while now since I have played online poker.  I think I needed a break.  I had played almost every day for over a year.  I'm not in a hurry to get back and play.  The latest change with Carbon Poker has changed my attitude about online poker. 

You work hard to learn to play a certain game and dominate it and the site changes so you have to learn all over again.  I'm not ready to commit myself to that again, knowing that as soon as I start doing well everything will change again.  It has happened over and over and over since I first started playing. 

With the option to play live now, I'm not so persistent about playing online.  I am going to start focusing my online play on 2 table sng's as those are the average size of games I play and could stand to get better at them again. 

This weekend was a family holiday, the opening weekend of pheasant season in Kansas.  We drove 4 hours north to my parents to go out pheasant hunting Saturday and Sunday.  They have been in a drought the last few years so the pheasant population is down from what it used to be.  We still managed to get one.  I'm looking forward to eating fried pheasant strips for the first time in a lot of years.  We have some homegrown sweat potatoes to fry up at the same time.  I think we will wait until next weekend and make an event of it unless we plan something else this weekend. 

I'd like to stay home and save money, but my friend in Oklahoma City is moving and he had helped me move from Ohio back.  I kind of owe him and he asked me to come down.

We may just have to eat that pheasant Wednesday night. 

I didn't think to turn on my runkeeper while we were walking fields.  It would have been interesting to see how many miles we hiked and how many calories we burned.  It was a lot.

I had fallen off the wagon of weight loss since I got back from Las Vegas.  I weighed myself this morning and was back up to 218 pounds.  I'm not going to obsess about it but I am going to try to eat a little healthier until Thanksgiving.  Maybe I can get back down to 215 pounds by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment