Monday, January 27, 2014

750 SNG Month Day 26

Finally a winning session.  I have had losing sessions since my last post until yesterday.  I am now down 20.00 with 625 games played.  I have 125 games left to play this month.  I could have played more yesterday but decided to try my hand at tournaments instead.  I hadn't played any tournaments all month and felt this was the day, especially with the 1.10, $10,000.00 guaranteed tournament on Carbon.

I loaded up quite a few games and got to work min cashing in most of the small buy in's.  I played 3 11.00 tournaments and busted in all 3 of them in short order.  I made a semi-deep run in a 5.50 deep stack.  I was on the final 3 tables, 3rd in chips and busted out with pocket Q's to a K7 suited after he raised and I went all in.  Later in the evening, I made a deep run in the nightly 2.20 game, where I met my demise again with pocket Q's to a K7 suited in the final 2 tables.  This time a huge stack called my all in, with a lot of extra chips on the table, so it was a bit of a different scenario.  I wanted to fold it as there was a raiser and a caller  before me and I didn't have enough chips to push them out of the pot.  A triple up was too inviting, so I went for it.  I was facing AJ and 99 by the other 2 players that had raised and called before me.

I finished in the money of the $10,000.00 guaranteed.  I think I went out 500ish for 7.00. 

In the end it was a losing day for tournaments.  I did have fun trying to make that final table. 

2 comments:

  1. I found it hard to keep the concentration in long, deep tournaments. I have not played in many big field ones in recent memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love deep stack, big field, long tournaments. I just don't have the time to play them where I can concentrate on the whole game very often. If I had time, this would be all that I would play. I'm hoping to get in a good all day tournament out at Vegas this time. I'll only do it if my buddy wants to play it as well or has other plans for an afternoon.

      Delete