Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em - Online Plans

For some reason my play Monday night was worse than I ever remember.  I started out good winning a big hand early, then got dumb and played horrible starting hands and trying to get there.  After that didn't work I tried playing decent starting hands and continuing to play after the flop when I didn't hit.  I was easy money.  Everybody was calling, I just didn't have anything.

I was out before the level before break.  That's a record for me and possibly the game.  We will see how that will affect next week if I am at the same table with some of the ones that were paying attention this time.  If I tighten way up, I should be able to get the calls I need when I do have something.  Maybe this will help me, probably not. 

I have been off my game lately, online as well.  I want to play, but I don't want to be patient and wait.  I have been gambling, not playing poker as FlushDraww would tell me.  It's time to change that.

Last week I made a withdrawal from my online account to help fund my Vegas trip at the end of September.  I was thinking that it could take up to 6 weeks to get my money.  Amazingly, it was here in less than a week.  That was fast, and I didn't pay to have it expedited which was an option.

I gambled with the remainder of what I had on the site and am now sitting with .43 in my account.

Now that I have that out of my system I am considering how I want to proceed.  I have been considering a switch to playing on America's Card Room since I get rakeback there.  I have apparently lost the 3000 or more VIP points I had on Carbon.  Once again they made changes that resulted in me losing points/money while I was taking a break from poker.   

I do like the tournaments they have on Carbon.  I am a tournament player.  I gave cash games a good try last year.  I also gave SNG's a good try and that was fun when they had the SNG leaderboard promotion that could get you a little extra money.  When it comes down to it, I feel that I get more bang for my buck in a tournament.  I like wading through piles of players trying to reach that lucrative final table.

So tournaments it is.  How am I going to proceed?  Maybe I would take each game more seriously if I only play one tournament a night.  Then go over the hand history after the tournament to see where I can improve.  This sounds like a good challenge to improve my game.

Lately I have been playing a tournament here, several sit n go's there, and throwing in a little cash on the side.  I have been gaining experience in each of them and doing o.k.  I'm ready to really focus for a while, and improve, while playing my favorite form of poker.  I will miss the badugi tournament's I have been playing recently.

The game I have picked out to play is the 5.50 Nightly 2500.00 guaranteed on Carbon.  It starts at 6:00 which is not ideal for me every day so I will not be playing every night.  Some nights I will step down to the Nightly 2.20 game as it starts at 8:00 which is a little more reasonable.  I will not be playing on Monday's and most Friday's.  If I am home on a Sunday I will still put in my regiment of Sunday games.  I don't get enough Sunday's at home throughout the year to pass up one if I get one.

This will continue until I leave for Vegas.  After that I will evaluate my results and determine if I want to continue or change up my plan.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I had access to a nightly on-line tourney like that! Living in Maryland sucks for on-line poker . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess I should feel pretty fortunate. I still long for the days of pokerstars when I could multi-table 24 games at once. I have a pretty awesome set up for it now, but can't load up enough games to fill 1 screen let alone 2 or 3. At least I still have the option to play.

      Delete