Wednesday, August 27, 2014

SCHOOL! - Monday Night Muck Em

Everything has been really busy the last couple of weeks.  I wasn't expecting to be as busy as I have been.  Football practice has started and now the kids are in school.  I knew it was coming up but the last couple weeks of summer ended with a fury.
 
On top of buying a new pickup, I have had to have 2 vehicles repaired at the shop.  Ouch!  Then, as if that was not enough, we had another car go down.  It's still drivable, but has no A/C now and the windows will not roll down.  With the temperatures over 100 degrees, it's undrivable.  I think I have the A/C figured out.  Hopefully it's just a $7.50 part.
 
We got a 2 weeks notice from our babysitter and had to find a new place to keep our daughter. 
 
We got approved for a house loan with the bank, put in an offer on a house and was rejected. 
 
This weekend I was out of town for 3 days helping a friend move some heavy furniture from Kansas City to Oklahoma City.  A lot has been happening.
 
I was so ready for school to start.  My bank accounts have taken a hit this summer, with over $1000.00 a month in child care.  That was only a portion of the cost.  We had a babysitter come to our house so our electric bill has been twice as high as usual and our food costs were up.
 
I really feel that poker along with selling on ebay, kept us afloat this summer.  We could have skipped out on the Kansas City trip to save some money if we needed to, but then we would not have had such a great summer. 
 
Two Monday's ago we had our Monday night muck'em.  I forget all of the details other than the one in which I finished in 2nd place after a hard fought battle heads up.
 
Last night we did not have our regular points game.  Instead we had a $100.00 game.  As the game started I got down in chips.  Over half my stack was gone and my chances of making the money were looking pretty bleak.  Then, as if somebody had flipped a light switch, I had a hand hold, then another, and another.  My stack grew and I eventually took over the chip lead. 
 
From there, I backed off the pressure a little bit.  I went card dead.  My chips started blinding down with the large blind jumps. 
 
As we got down to 7 players I had an average stack of about 6 BB's.  I made a couple push's when I thought I could get away with it.  It worked and my stack looked like I could wait out the low stacks.  When we got down to 4 left we were in the money.  There were still a couple of shorter stacks.  One of them got aggressive and took over the chip lead.  Finally one person went out. 
 
With three of us left we were looking at more than double our buy in return.  First was looking pretty lucrative so I started going after it.  A few large bets at the right time, and I was leading the chips race.  Then the blinds went up to unreasonable.  At 10000 20000 with a 5000 ante, each of us only had a little over 1 BB.  I was lucky and hit the dealer position right as the blinds went up.  I had the option play that hand or wait 1 hand.  My hand looked decent, the BB was all in, so I called.  The SB folded.  I won the hand and we were down to 2.  The other person was all in the next hand.  I called with J7.  He had 107.  A jack on the flop sealed the deal and I won.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment