Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em

Last night we had 11 runners at the Monday Night Muck Em.  My wife's mother stopped into town to look at the house we are considering purchasing.  I considered skipping poker to go back and look at the house.  I am sitting 3rd in points and wanted to try to catch up some more on points if I could. 

Play started out great for me.  I had pocket jacks early in the game and raised pre-flop.  I got 2 callers.  I hit a set on the flop and bet out, getting 1 caller.  The turn gave me a fourth jack and I checked.  He bet and I called.  I bet out big on the river representing a bluff.  He called and I got a nice pot.  For the next several rounds I caught fire and amassed a large stack. 

Then, just like that, I was ice cold.  I was still getting premium starting hands that would not do anything.  My chips slowly dwindled.  By the time we reached break, I had about double my starting stack. 

After break the blinds take their abnormally huge jump and we are all playing short stack poker.  I did not get a decent starting hand for 2 rounds then I look down at AJo.  The blinds were 1000 2000 with a 500 ante and I bet 7500 all in.  I was instantly called by somebody with AQ and was out around 7th place. 

The player 1st in points added to his points total for the year with a second place finish.  Everybody else around the top of the leaderboard did not get points, so I should remain in 3rd, just a few points behind 2nd place.

When I got back home I was still feeling like playing so I loaded up a 1.10 tournament that the late registration was about over.  I played loose trying to get some chips early.  It worked as I was able to double up pretty quickly. 

From there I won a pot here and there to keep my chip stack above average until we got close to the bubble.  I tried sneaking into a couple of pots around the bubble, but the big stacks were not having any of that, and I had to fold hands that I should not have been in, in the first place.

I ended up min cashing when my QQ failed to hold against an A9. 

I played some 5.50 super turbo's and had some success with them.  Then I played some 1.10 heads up sng's to have some fun and won both of them.  By the time I shut down the computer I was up 30.00 for the night online.

No comments:

Post a Comment