Monday, November 3, 2014

Staycation

 
On March 27th, I for some reason, felt the need to place a 1.00 bet that the San Francisco Giants would win the 2014 World Series. 
 
I remembered placing a bet on the world series but had forgotten who I had picked to win it all.  The other day I had an extra 20.00 in my account, so this weekend I did some digging to see what I won.  I don't feel quite so bad about the Royals not winning now.
 
Since we did not have plans this weekend I decided that I would watch football and play poker on Saturday.  I loaded 6 - 1 and 2 dollar tournaments and got to work.  I lost a couple fairly quick and decided to try to get into the Sunday 215.00 game through an 11.00 satellite. 
 
Over the course of the evening I ended up min cashing in a couple games, scoring an entry to the 215.00 game and coming close to a final table in another.  Without the 215.00 ticket I was a small loser on the day.
 
Sunday I loaded up the 215.00 game, the 11.00 Sunday game, a good 5.00 game and the 2.20 Sunday game.
 
One thing stuck out like a sore thumb yesterday.  Pocket Kings SUCK!  I lost with them 4 times in the Sunday 215.00 game.  The 4th time was for my tournament life, before the rebuy period even ended.  I would win a hand, get pocket kings, lose, win a hand, get pocket kings, lose.  I never could get any traction.
 
Later in the evening I lost the 11.00 game shortly before the money.  I didn't have much luck in the 2.20 game and even tried rebuying once in it before losing again.  In the 5.50 game I was having some success.  I was wading deep in the tournament and was starting to get excited about my chances, when I see pocket Kings.  I raised from early position and was not surprised when I saw a re-raise all in, by one of the big stacks.  That was his only move.  I called and saw that I was up against a Q 10 offsuit.  The flop fell nicely K J 5 giving him an open ended straight draw.  The turn was a blank and the river brought the 9.  I finished around 30th place for 32.00. 
 
At the very least, I had a fun 2 days of poker, football watching, jerky making and staycationing.  It's been a long time since I have stayed home for a full weekend.  I'll be looking forward to the next staycation.

4 comments:

  1. mission accomplished LOL. Sweet hit on the GIANTS,bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how or why I picked the Giants, but maybe I have a career calling as a fortune teller. ???

      Delete
  2. Is this Rob from Rob's Vegas and Poker blog doing a cameo on "the dreaded pocket Kings?" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am siding with Rob on this one! The biggest game I have played in a long time and cannot win with pocket Kings. Blah!

      Delete