Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Caution! Pair of Suited Aces



 
Last week we were having some internet connection issues while I was playing.  I raised on this current hand on the button only to see this flop.  A flush draw with a pair of suited aces.  That's gotta be a winner right?  Apparently the internet failed a couple hands before and A3 was the hand I had the previous hand.  When I looked at the hand history, I apparently raised with J4o. 
 
This weekend I traveled North to visit family and friends at Dad's 60th birthday party.  Mom and Dad had hired a band and turned their shop into party central.  It was a lot of fun.  I had a 2 day hangover.
 
Monday night we had our Muck Em game.  I was playing tight again, trying to get points.  At the final table I was sitting with a decent chip stack.  I could fold to the bubble easily.  I was in the big blind and a decent stack from the other side of the table raised.  I look down at pocket K's.  I push and get a reserved call.  I have him slightly covered.  He turns over AQ.  First card out is an ace.  Crapsickles.  With one blind left I made it 3 more orbits and got a little life back.  Unfortunately nobody else was going out. 
 
On the last hand I was sitting in late position and nobody had bet.  I go all in for 3 1/2 bb's with K9o.  The big blind insta called.  She had pocket 7's.  I hit a 9 out of the gate, but the turn brought a 7.  No points for me.  One player slightly under me and one person over me in points had good finishes.  I'm still sitting in 3rd in points for the year.  I will need points to hold on now.
 
Last night I played quite a few double or nothings and a couple of tournaments.  No luck.  Every time somebody pushed with an ace they caught it.  Every time I needed one it never came.  No fair.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment