Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Back in Action


After a long hiatus of not playing online I finally played a bit on my phone yesterday on the way home from the dentist on the hour and a half drive back home.  I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled.  The poker went well but once I got home I decided to play higher stakes and got sucked out on over and over again.  Cash games suck!  Probably just because I suck at cash games.  I'll play on the computer so I can play sng's and tournaments.  If they get those on my phone - Look Out Betty!

We had a pretty good Thanksgiving.  We traveled to my parents and then to my grandmother's.  My 9 month old daughter seemed to enjoy the food the most.  She was all about trying everything and a lot of it.  She was hitting up anybody with food all Thanksgiving.  Just like a puppy. 

The day after Thanksgiving we did some pheasant hunting and stopped at the gun store to look at a gun I have been eyeing for a while.  They had a .223 bolt action rifle.  I passed it up so that I could go research it more.  It had great reviews and I found it a couple other places for a lower cost.  The next morning I e-mailed the gun shop and asked if they would come down on the price.  He did, so we went and picked it up.  Later that afternoon we went out and sighted it in at 200 yards.  It was a lot of fun playing with guns.  My .22 rifle is still the most accurate gun I have ever shot.  I was hitting the bulls eye with it at 200 yards.  I had to aim high at that distance but once I got the height down it was nothing but bulls eyes.  My .223 needs a lot of sighting done yet.  I have a couple hundred rounds to play around with. 

The ammo shortage seems to be slowing down a little bit.  I was able to find reasonable priced ammo for all of my guns this weekend.

We walked several fields while we were hunting.  I should have turned on my runkeeper to see how far we walked and how many calories I burned. 

I weighed myself this morning and I am still at 217 lbs.  I went and bought new jeans and pants yesterday since everything I have now is too big.  I didn't buy a lot of cloths because I am still wanting to drop some more pounds.  It may help being on a liquid diet for a few days thanks to the teeth.

Dad bought the boys go carts since the last time we were home.  My oldest son was brave enough to try one out.  He went slow since we didn't have a helmet yet and was having fun until Dad talked him into trying to go a little faster.  He went past us and his eyes were so wide his eyeballs could have fallen out.  He got it to a stop and shut it off.  He was done.  We told him he had to pull it in the shop to park it.  It took some convincing and he finally rode it slowly to the shop. 

All in all it was an unbeatable weekend.  Lots of food, hunting, shooting and playing.  Can't beat that.  Now I just have to heal so I can eat a steak.  Now that I can't have one, I am craving one bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment