Monday, December 23, 2013

Back On Track - I Have a Poker Goal For January

This weekend I missed Christmas with my wife's family.  There were some issues with the computer system at work that I needed to get through in order to finish my job.  It was taking a lot longer than anticipated.  I sent my wife and kids on their way and worked late into the night Friday and came back in on Saturday to finish up.

Since I was home alone, I thought it was a good idea to get in some poker on Sunday.  I loaded up a few tournaments and went out 2 before the money in 2 of them.  I was frustrated in the third and went from a top 15 stack to out in no time.  Dumb!  The last one was the 11.00 Sunday tournament and had I maintained my stack and played smart it could have been a big payday.  That's what I get for not playing online tournaments in forever. 

After the 11.00 tournament, I still wanted to play some poker but I didn't want to play cash or tournaments.  That doesn't leave much.  I loaded super turbo SNG's and played a couple hours loading as many 1.10 games as I could get into.  I didn't make any money.  Over the course of 38 SNG's I was down close to 4.00.  In order to profit at these I need to win.  I took a bunch of 2nds.  The thing that really hurt was the amount of times I got all in with the best hand and lost.  I would have players dominated and they would draw out on me.  That's all good.  It's poker.  If I run the session again and win half those battles that I have the other player dominated, or win a few of the times that I am behind, I turn a good profit.

I think I'm going to devote January to Super Turbo SNG's and see if I can turn a profit over the course of the month.  With the promotions and VIP's, I think if I put in at least a one hour sessions a night, I should be able to produce some kind of profit.  It probably won't be the kind of profit that would be worth the time I put into it, but, it sounds like a fun challenge for myself.  So, my goal for January is to play 750 1.10 SNG's and turn a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment