Friday, December 20, 2013

POKER! What Poker?

The Cousins Playing in the Bleachers at a Basketball Game

This blog is getting less and less about poker as I am now playing less and less.  At some point that will change again, maybe.  I like all the time it has freed up for me not playing.  We have been going to basketball games, traveling to visit family and friends on the weekends, and I have been spending much needed time with the kids.  They may not like it as I'm not doing everything they want to do.

This last weekend I did not hunt or shoot like I had planned on.  Instead I cleaned a deer that somebody had shot and tagged and did not want.  That's just about as fun for me.  Dad and I got to work and spent most of Saturday goofing around with that.  We fried up some back straps for supper that night.  The boys couldn't get enough. 

This week has been bad for me as far as watching my weight.  It's been food week at work.  Each department has cooked a meal each day for them and the rest of the departments.  We all end up eating a ton of not so healthy food.  Tis the season. 

I'm going to have to keep some extra snacks on hand when we go up North this weekend.  My appetite is raging now that I have eaten so much all week.  To try to shut that down to smaller than normal sized meals now would be bad.  I've got to wean myself off of big meals.  Going cold turkey doesn't work.  Unless there's a lot of cold turkey.  Turkey sandwiches, turkey pot pie.  Wait, I'm getting off subject.  See, food week has gotten me all crazy.

BEWARE:  Poker Content Follows: KIND OF

On top of eating all week at work we had a magnificent meal for our end of the year poker tournament.  We had a fillet with sauteed mushrooms, sauteed asparagus, potatoes, rolls, appetizers, and dessert.  It was gourmet.  To top off the fabulous meal I took 4th place and got back a little more than my buy in. 

We start out Christmas vacation tomorrow and will be Christmasing it up until Christmas.  Yes, that's a word.  I just made it up, and it's the correct use of the word, since I made it up for that use. 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I am playing in a freeroll Sunday afternoon and hope I have enough time to get to my health club before it closes. Priorities are difficulties this time of year!

    ReplyDelete