Friday, December 13, 2013

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Last night there were out of town basketball games for High School and Jr. High.  I volunteered to stay home and take care of kids.  I had 6 of them total by the end of the night.  I was tired from staying up late the night before so I had them play in the basement if they were going to get rowdy or they could stay upstairs if they were going to watch t.v. or play xbox. 

The baby and I stayed in the living room.  I laid on the couch and she crawled around playing with toys.  Every once in a while she made a break for the family room and I would have to get up and grab her and play with her until she would forget about the other kids in the family room for a bit. 

Around 10:00 the extra three kids were picked up so I put the boys to bed.  The baby was already asleep.  She didn't make it much past supper before she was ready to call it a night.

Once the boys were in bed I grabbed my phone and loaded up a table of .02 .04 NL.  I started out getting pocket pairs over and over.  I was pot betting them and the other players kept folding.  Finally, one of them tried to 3 bet me at the wrong time.  I had just gotten pocket aces.  I called instead of my usual 4 bet, hoping that the flop would not be too bad.  It was a dry flop and the other player led out with a pot size bet.  I called.  He went all in on the turn.  I looked at the board again.  Did he have trips, or was he making a play at me since I had been playing the way I had.  His all in was about a pot size bet and I had already invested the other half of my stack into this pot.  I made a crying call.  He had JJ on a Q high board.  I swept the pot.

The rest of the game, I could tell the others were willing to gamble but I could not find a good spot to pick off another stack.  I finished being up more than a buy in after playing for about an hour.

This weekend I am traveling back North to my parents house with the 2 boys.  There's still more hunting and shooting to do.  My plans for working on vehicles and playing poker have been smashed.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty sweet time to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a good time when we go up North. We didn't get any shooting done as somebody shot a buck and didn't want it. They tagged it and gave it to me. Dad had already skinned it so I spent most of the day Saturday processing the deer. I enjoyed that about as much as hunting or shooting. Especially when Mom fried up some deer steaks that evening with potatoes, gravy and home canned sweeeeeeet corn. Now I'm hungry again. Luckily the freezer is packed full.

    ReplyDelete