Wednesday, September 3, 2014

23 Days Until Vegas

After reading PPP's, Rob's, Coach's, TBC's, and Grrouchie's blogs about their adventure's and uniting in paradise this last week, I am more than ready for my upcoming trip.  It was quite fascinating reading material.  It also gave me a glimpse into the good life, holding me over until September 26th, when I can mash some buttons and play lots of pokerz. 

During my trip I will keep my eye out for lightning's Willie Wonka machine.

We did not have our weekly Monday Night Muck'em game this week due to the holiday.  Instead I played a Friday night game elsewhere.  It was rebuy night there, and the field had grown in size a bit.  My table was the crazy table.  At the 25 25 blind level my table was making 1000+ bets pre and post flop.

During the first 2 hours I got my chips in good 2 times after the flop, only to get drawn out on by the river.  My 2nd rebuy was going to be my last, as the chip stacks were dominating compared to the buy in by this point. 

Finally, my hands started holding.  My stack started to grow.  We made it to break.  No more rebuys.  Play slowed down.  It was normal poker again.  Sort of.  There was still some odd bet sizing coming out every once in a while. 

Players started going out.  It looked like we were paying 8.  The blinds went up.  We were down to about 13 players left when I looked down at pocket J's.  The player to my right raised all in.  I had just a few more chips than him so I went all in as well.  It folded to the BB that is as Rob says, "THE CRAZIAN".  He called.  The player to my right turned over his cards JJ.  I turned over my cards JJ.  The CRAZIAN turned over his cards AA.  I needed lots of hearts to fall out to have a chance.  Two on the flop.  One on the turn.  Blank on the river.  GG!  We were barely out when they made the final table and the next hand had the rest of them in the money.  I couldn't have folded JJ there and thought I would make the money.  I was waiting on that hand.

The funny thing is I had lost with pocket J's the first time I was ousted.  I had lost with them one other time as well.  We had also talked about a guy before the game that had went out early in the world series of poker with KK when the other callers had KK and AA. 

I have pretty much given up on online poker for this month.  I had a bad run a couple weeks ago and pretty much busted the rest of what I had online.  I don't want to deposit or play on there at the moment.  I will give it a break for the time being, until I am ready to try again.  I have live games that I would rather play.  They have provided my Vegas Roll for this trip, which will be quite a bit larger than any other time I have been to Vegas.  That's not saying much though.   

7 comments:

  1. EAT some fried oreos/twinkies 4 me u lucky MOFO. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will locate the infamous fried oreos/twinkies. They should go good with the liquid I will be carrying around with me. I have yet to try one, but have a feeling this trip will be the trip it will happen.

      Delete
    2. they r AWESOME bro. at Mermaid's downtown fremont. make sure u get a lot of powdered sugar too.

      Delete
  2. Damn, sorry I will miss you in Vegas, won't be back until late October, most likely.

    Tough beat with the JJ vs JJ vs AA. You were about as close to drawing dead there as possible.

    Have a great time in Vegas, and rungood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awesome to run into you one of these trips. I'm planning on playing some marathon poker sessions this trip so I appreciate the rungood!

      Delete
  3. Seems like everyone is goingto Las Vegas except me. Wahhhhhhhhhh!

    Best o' luck. I recommend Bally's, Harrah's and Luxor for friendly games with relatively weak players.

    Oh -- and Wonka ftw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do plan on playing at Bally's and Harrah's. It's been a long time since I have been at the Luxor poker room, but I remember it being really nice. I may have to make a pit stop there as well.

      Delete