Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em - 2 Days Until Vegas

 
After getting 3rd Friday night, 1st last Monday, and a couple more 1sts and 2nds before that I was feeling pretty good going into Monday night.  Could I be double bounty when I get back from Vegas?
 
As we started out we had 13 players.  We started playing and for some reason, everybody was in a light mood, joking around and having a lot of fun.  At least I was. 
 
We lost 1 player before break.  My chip stack got low early as I was struggling just to win a hand.  I had to add on in order to be able to play without having to shove.  I tightened my range.  A couple players found out the hard way, as I won a couple monster stacks.  By break I had a massive stack. 
 
After break my hands weren't holding until the river.  I was betting large enough to get folds but they were still calling.  That works good until they catch on the river every time, or are ahead of you the whole way.  I had JJ and lost a huge pot on a 9 high board to QQ.  At the final table, I watched as some low chip stacks grew and large chip stacks got smaller. 
 
We finally made it to the bubble.  I took a couple stabs at the low stacks and lost.  I was now one of the low stacks.  I made it past the bubble bust and into what is usually the final level.  I was all in due to the blinds in the first hand of the level.  What a time to look down at AJ.  The small blind called and my A high wins. 
 
A couple hands later I see KQ and go all in.  This time I get a call from the BB that had slightly more chips than me.  She had A6 and hit an A out of the gate.  This is the first time I have gotten the min cash this year.  It was still good for some needed points and was slightly more than my buy in and add on.  With that 4th place finish I will be tied for 2nd in points for the year.  The first place points leader took 2nd this game so he pulled away even more.
 
This week is going quick with trying to get everything done at work to be able to take time off, as well as my after work activities.  Only 2 days left and I will be in the air.
 

4 comments:

  1. awesome dude. dont forget the real reason u r going FRIED OREOS/TWINKIES extra powdered sugar too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't forget that! Definitely extra powdered sugar. If I am attempting heart attack suicide I have to do it right.

      Delete
  2. angerisagift lives vicariously through blogger trips to Las Vegas. When I went in July I was unable to get the fried Oreos and Twinkies since the grill area of Mermaids was temporarily closed. I believe that tears were flowing somewhere in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tooooooo true,professor.the last time i was in Vegas was 2013 on a 6 hour layover from cali to colorado on greyhound.so great that the bus station is in the Plaza. played some 1/2 nl and 2/4 fl at the Nugget,some keno at Binion's, and got like 7-8 fried oreos/twinkies for the ride to colorado. plus hit that gift shop on fremont and got some nice cold milk 4 my delicious snack. HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

      Delete