Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Monday Night Muck' Em K-State Visor

Last night we had another game of Monday Night Muck' Em.  I went through all my normal rituals before the game to ensure success.  With Vegas coming in a little over a week, I was hoping for a little extra money. 

First I ate a little pregame snack, followed by finding comfy yet intimidating clothing as well as my lucky K-State visor.  This thing had now been involved in 3 games without a loss.  I got to the game 30 minutes early so I could have my pregame puff and drink to relax before the action. 

I drew a good table and sat at the lucky seat.  Everything was going good.

There were 14 of us playing this night.  The first hand was dealt.  I don't remember what I had, but I took down a healthy pot.  You can't win all the hands if you don't win the first one right?  Or is it, if you catch early, you will lose late?  I go with, get what you can, when you can.  The next hand was an 8 3o.  I decided I wasn't going to waste chips trying to catch on ridiculous hands early.  Even though that seems to work well at this game.  I folded.

Sometime in that blind level, I looked down at J10s.  A Jack and 10 hit on the flop along with a low card.  Two of them were diamonds.  I bet about 5 bb's trying to get most everybody out of the hand except top pairs and chasers.  The next card was a diamond.  I bet out the same bet and was raised.  This player had previously in the year made moves like this without the flush.  He has gotten more solid lately and I knew he had the flush.  I called his double raise expecting fully to get out of the hand if a J or 10 did not hit on the river.  I should have folded but for some reason I really wanted to see that river.  It was a J.  I led out 10 bb's.  He hesitantly called.  I showed the boat and he showed his flush with straight flush draw.

From there the cards went dead until after break when we lost a few players.  I won some smaller pots and was sitting o.k.  Then the blinds started getting to the point where maintaining a stack was not an option.  It was time to play.  Fortunately for me, I got AA and was called by A10.  I later had KK and went all in for 2 bb's and got a fold. 

Finally the bubble burst and we were in the money.  It wasn't long after that when the cards decided  our placement in the money.  I won a three person all in with KQ  when my K hit eliminating 1 person.  The very next hand I had K10 and put the last player all in.  He called with QQ.  An unforeseen 4 cards to a flush appeared on the board matching my 10 of diamonds, giving me the victory.

I may wait to wear my k-state visor again until I'm in Vegas playing a big game.  4-0 while wearing the K-State visor.  If I think way back, I may have worn this thing 15 years ago when I won my first ever texas holdem home game.

No comments:

Post a Comment