Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em

Football season heated up with when we went to the hometown high school football game Friday night.  Actually it was quite cold and even though we had coats and blankets, I had to call it quits late in the 4th quarter as my son was freezing to death in the rain, cold and high winds.  Fall came with a fury. 
 
Saturday was a lot nicer for my son's football game.  He is a 2nd grader playing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade football.  He got to see a little playing time and did o.k.  He looked a bit confused, got tied up in a block when he was playing defense, luckily the running back went the other direction.  On offense he played a guard and would hit his block and let him roll off, one time resulting in a tackle for a loss on the other side of the field.  There's a lot to learn in football. 
 
He wanted to stick around and watch the 5th and 6th graders, so we stuck around and watched part of that game.  We had to leave after the first quarter since my wife and I were meeting a realtor for lunch to work out the details of an offer we were wanting to put on a house.
 
The offer was accepted.  We are going to have the house inspected prior to signing a contract, but it looks like we will be buying a house. 
 
Money will be getting a little bit tighter soon.  My savings has taken huge hits this summer.  A pickup, a house, vehicles in the shop, babysitters, daycare, extra expenses here and there and everywhere.  Such is life, I guess.  At least I will have cool stuff.
 
I was planning on buying a bass boat by the end of winter.  That may not happen for a while.  Maybe.  If I get my butt in gear I could make the extra money I would need for that by spring if I am willing to sell my current boat.
 
After football and our lunch on Saturday, I helped my wife's sister and brother in law move the rest of their stuff out of their old house.  That was 3 weekends in a row I have helped move somebody.  I should me all muscle by now, right?  I guess 16 years of neglect cannot be rectified in 3 weekends.
 
Sunday after church I got my son motivated to mow the three yards we take care of.  He started strong, but about a quarter of the way into it, his cousins showed up at the house, so I finished mowing and trimming 2 of the yards. 
 
They left shortly after that so we pushed the mower down the street to the third house.  As we got there I noticed that the yard had just been mowed.  Score.  I was tired and ready for a break after the 1st 2 yards.  There was still time to buy in to the Sunday game so I ran over and bought in for chips equal to the smallest stack. 
 
Dead cards and bad play had me rebuying quickly.  Same thing.  We passed the rebuy period and I made it down to final 5 or 6 and pushed with top pair and was called by a flush draw.  It is a winner take all tournament that sometimes gets chopped.  I needed chips to have a chance to get to that point.  The last 3 times I played I finished 3rd after a lot of play with nothing to show for it.  This time the flush got there and I was home early.
 
Monday night we had our weekly Muck Em game.  I made it to the first hand after break when I looked down at AQ of spades.  There were a few limpers before me, blinds at 500 1000 with 10 players left.  I went all in for 5500.  I was called by one player.  He tabled Q 5 of diamonds.  A queen hit first card out and was followed with a 2 3 4 6.  Saving the rungood for the next 2 weeks and Vegas.
 
This weekend I have a bass tournament down in Oklahoma at Grand Lake.  I have been watching the weather pretty close.  It is supposed to be rainy and cold Friday and stay cold on Saturday.  A cold front in the spring will usually shut down the fish.  In the fall it sometimes triggers a feeding frenzy.  I'm indifferent on how they bite, I just want to figure them out and catch some keepers and have a chance at placing in the money.  At least catch a keeper bass so that I can qualify to go to regionals at Sam Rayburn in Texas and fish for a new boat and a shot at the All American.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment