Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Flopped Royal

 
This weekend I got my third Royal Flush.  It was in a double or nothing game and I did not win a lot with it, but I did win the game eventually.  I got my first ever royal in a tournament at the Riviera in Las Vegas.  We were on the bubble.  I had nut flush on the turn and called an all in bet.  He had hit his boat.  I thought I was crushed until someone out of the hand calls for my royal flush card and it hits on the river.  I ended up getting a 2nd place finish.  It was my 2nd tournament cash in Vegas and was awesome to say the least.  Had I been in the cash game I would have gotten 1000.00 for hitting a royal flush.  No matter what, it was special to me.
 
The second royal flush I had was on pokerstars.  I don't remember any specifics other than I hit one again.  
 
This hand did not help the rest of my day.  I ended up a loser for the day after playing a bunch of 1 and 2 dollar tournaments mixed with a couple 5.50 and 11.00 tournaments.  I only had 1 final table and finished 9th in the 2.20 nightly.  The 2.20 nightly seems to be my game lately.
 
Monday night I went into the game feeling a little more confident after playing so many hands over the weekend.  It was pretty slow going at the start.  I won one big hand with a 10 8 when 1 player went all in and 2 others called on my big blind.  With a 10 high flop I shoved the rest of my chips out and was called by pocket 7's.  The all in player had AQ and did not hit.  I held against the 7's and scooped a big pot.
 
From there I tried to get in a couple of pots but they were raised dramatically and I would have to fold and wait for my opening.  That opening never came.  With 5 left and 4 getting paid I had to make a move.  Finally I got an AK.  I went all in and was called.  I caught and doubled up keeping me alive a little longer.  It didn't take long to get down to 3 players.  With 3 players left, I got cards any time I needed them and came back from being down to 1 chip to being in contention to win. 
 
Chips moved around the table over and over again.  Nobody would go out.  Then it happened.  The low stack went all in and both of us called.  I lost the hand but so did the small stack.  I was crippled at that point.  I won the next 3 hands and was back to even.  The last hand I had K6 and moved all in again.  This time he had A5.  He won the hand with A high. 
 
With 6 weeks left in the points race I am still in third.  I made a move though as the 2 players below me and the 2 above me did not end up in the points.  There is still some room to win this thing with a little luck and some solid play.   

1 comment:

  1. Royals are soooo sweet! I have several but don't believe I've ever flopped one.

    ReplyDelete