Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em

Sticking with the plan this week, I played a tight game waiting on hands.  My first hand came in the second level.  Blinds 50 100.  I was in early position and was dealt KK.  Play had been pretty loose by a couple of players at the table so I thought I could bump up the bet a little and still get called.  I made it 200 and had 3 callers.  The flop came out with 2 suited cards and 2 connected cards all low.  I bet out 500 and had 2 callers.  The turn brought a medium card that did not help a straight or flush draw.  I bet 600 and only had 1 caller.  The river dropped another card that could complete a straight.  I bet 800.  He hesitated for a while then folded.  The player that folded on the turn said he would have hit his straight.

From that point on I was pretty card dead.  I tried to get in a hand with K 10 suited.  The flop completely whiffed and I folded post flop.  I was dealt J6 of spades 3 times.  Spades were hitting so I called a non raised pot with it the last time.  The flop completely missed me again.

By the time I got to break I had only won the 1 hand.  After break I was ready to make my run.  Unfortunately I never got a hand.  We got to the final table and my chip stack kept dwindling.  With 7 of us left I was needing to make a move.  Still no cards.  Slowly 2 players went out.  I was on the bubble with a little over 2 bb's.  The ante's ate up 1 bb by the time the blinds came around to me again.  I was all in.  My BB J7 caught 2 more jacks and I doubled up. 

In the next round the bubble busted and I was in the money.  The blinds were getting ready to jump again and I had 2 hands left.  There were 2 other players in dire straights like I was.  I look down at KQ diamonds in the small blind.  It folded to me and I put all my chips out to make the call.  He turned over J2.  The flop had a 2 and 2 diamonds.  The turn and river brought nothing and I finished in 4th place for a little more than my money back plus some points for the end of the year prize.

With 7 weeks left I am still in 3rd place in points.  It will be very hard to overtake 2nd or 1st place.  There are a couple of people trying to sneak up and knock me off the top 3.  I need to keep playing solid poker and collecting points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment